Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Japanese government has temporarily loosened regulation of オンライン診療 (Online Clinic). Now you can consult with a doctor over the internet and
get a prescription for up to 7 days to treat your non-serious health problems. The charge is 1,500 JYN for this service with Japanese medical insurance. The prescription will be transferred by fax or postal mail to your nearby pharmacy and you can get the
medicine there. Please fill out the questionnaire below in this page and submit it. You should also send the pictures of your Japanese Medical Insurance Card and Resident Card to email@example.com besides the questionnaire. The doctor will get contact with you after the confirmation of receiving these
Please note the following:
- Pictures of your Japanese Health Insurance Card and Alien Registration Card should
be shown at the appointment.
- You can correspond with the doctor by text messages, but before receiving the prescription, you need to make a short video conversation (Facebook is recommended, but
Line or Skype is also acceptable) with the doctor to identify yourself.
- The information of the pharmacy where you want to get your medicine, including its name, address, telephone and fax number,
- The prescription will be sent after confirmation of your medical charge payment. A bank account transfer (you need to pay the remittance charge and it takes a day or more before confirmation)
or Amazon Gift Card (the remittance charge is free and it usually takes only a few minutes before confirmation) is also legally accepted.
- The receipt for your medical charge will be sent to you
There are forms of questionnaire in different languages that you have
to fill out for the appointment.